A tale of two credit unions
We were born on December 12, 1952, when Technicolor Laboratories was granted a federal charter and founded Technicolor Employees Federal Credit Union (TEFCU) in Hollywood.
In 1992, TEFCU changed its name to Technicolor Federal Credit Union to reflect the changing nature of its membership. The credit union was no longer a “single employer” credit union (meaning that it only served one company), but became a multiple common bond credit union serving diverse entertainment businesses in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, the Entertainment Capital Federal Credit Union (ECFCU) began as Samuel Goldwyn Studios Federal Credit Union (GSFCU) in 1966. In 1980, when Warner Brothers purchased Samuel Goldwyn Studios, GSFCU changed its name to Warner Hollywood Studios Federal Credit Union (WHSFCU).
When the Warner Hollywood lot was sold on January 1, 2000, the studio was renamed “The Lot”. A membership-wide contest was held to rename the credit union and the name Entertainment Capital Federal Credit Union was chosen. TFCU and ECFCU merged in 2005, and today the credit union serves over 200 companies and thousands of members. As a member-owned institution, our growth is a result of making positive financial differences in the lives of each member.